Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zero

There are few things that I've finished in life besides high school, dessert and birthing a baby.  So I'm pretty amazed that I finished this  A - Z challenge especially when I didn't intend to participate in the first place.  Also, it's worth noting here for you people that are taking notes that unlike school, I was not bound by law to finish the challenge, it was not particularly satisfying like dessert, and there was no huge amount of pain and discomfort to motivate me to finish.   

So, Z is for Hector Zeroni from Holes, or Zero.


Everybody calls him Zero because they think he's nothing.  But Zero knows better; he knows he's something.  Which kind of reminds me of a quote from the movie, Cool Runnings which is pretty awesome if you haven't seen it. 


Irv: Derice, a gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not enough without one, you'll never be enough *with* one.
[Turns to leave]
Derice Bannock: Hey coach, how will I know if I'm enough?
Irv: When you cross that finish line tomorrow, you'll know.

So here's to Zero, here's to being enough, and here's to crossing the finish line.

Cool Runnings -- Peace Be the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment