Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for . . .

In the words of Jo March from Little Women, I am hopelessly flawed.  With a capital F.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something I regret or that somebody else regrets.  Especially today.  And yesterday.  I can live with a lot of things like my big nose, bad hair days, a dirty house, and socks that don't match, but I can't live with guilt and shame and regret and remorse.  Those things my friends are cancer to the soul.    They eat at me until I feel like a stale piece of swiss cheese.



That is why I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.  He patches the holes, He makes the bad things better.  He is like Mr. Magic Eraser, only tons better because He can get you cleaner.  Plus He also soothes your soul in the process.  And yes, it is a process.  But definitely a process worth following.

Other great things about Jesus are that He is my ally, my advocate.  He is the only one who has experienced my every pain and sorrow.  Because of Him, I can experience joy.  With a capital J.  Not only is He all of these things for me, He is all of these things for everybody.

So I am having a hallelujah, praise the Lord, joyful sort of day because I really can't do life without Him.



That's all.

1 comment: