Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for the Tonight Show

My husband is one for putting things out in the universe.  He's pretty good at it.  You can read about it here.  If I put something out in the universe, I'd never be able to find it again because I can't find my way out of a paper bag because I have a little Dori fish (from finding Nemo) swimming around inside my head. 

Ellen Degeneres is also one who believes in putting things out in the universe.  She was not too many years out of high school, living in a lice-infested basement apartment with no heat or air and the only furnishings being a single mattress on the floor when she was driving home from work and saw an accident.  She drove past it and later found out that one of her friends was killed in the accident.  While thinking about how unfair it was that her friend was dead while the horrible fleas in her apartment were still alive, she wrote an imaginary conversation with God where she asked Him this question. 

After she wrote it, she said to herself---to the UNIVERSE, someday I will perform this monologue on the Johnny Carson show.  She wasn't doing comedy at the time and had never done comedy.  A few years later, the universe delivered.


So, what do you want to put out in the universe?

2 comments:

  1. Jill, you're making known the secret! What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured if it doesn't work for me, it might as well for somebody else. Right?

      Delete