Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good News and Bad News and Birthing Babies

The good news is that I am home from girl's camp.  The bad news is that I'm home from girl's camp.  Some of you will know what I mean.  Girl's camp was great except for the time I got lost--I really have no sense of direction--and was the leader leading the 90 and 9 astray.  But that's all water under the bridge or gray hairs colored, or cake that's been eaten (mostly by me). 
Me, catching some serious air.
Me, photographing Camille so that it looks like she's getting some serious air.

Another bit of good news for me is that my daughter-in-law did not have her baby while I was gone.  Some bad news for my daughter-in-law is that she did not have her baby while I was gone.  Not that she doesn't want me around, but she wants that sweet Jennaline (my suggestion for a name--which nobody's buying--combining my name Jill with her other grandma's name Kenna) on the outside.  I keep telling her to enjoy life like it is while it lasts because soon it will be several years before she ever feels rested, has a hot meal, or wears clothes that don't have some type of bodily fluid on them.

In case you're wondering, I have been invited, along with the other grandmother, to the birth.  And yes, I am wearing my mother-in-law of the year crown.  My daughter-in-law does not like blood, needles or pain and has been known to pass out during illnesses and simple medical procedures, so I figure us grandmas will be an asset.

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law was there when Katie was born. And so was my father-in-law. Weird? Not as much as I thought it would be. My dad was there too. Those grandpas are good to have around too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow privacy becomes irrelevant when you're in labor. Anyway, I am so excited to be a part of the birth even if they aren't naming the baby after me. :)

    ReplyDelete