Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Comfortable Shoes, Better than Fireworks

A couple of months ago Ric was driving me crazy. He was so annoying. So impatient. So critical. So selfish. He was pretty hard to live with. Then I started doing personal progress because I am a Young Women leader and that’s what young women do or are supposed to do. I started working on this goal, Divine Nature #3  and I chose Ric.

In less than 24 hours, I realized that the man walks on water. I was the “cat.” I was so annoying. So impatient. So critical. So selfish. So hard to live with.

Today I have been married to that man for 26 amazing years. I was not looking for him. When we met there were no fireworks, no butterflies in my stomach. (They came later) Finding Ric was like finding a long lost pair of my most favorite, broken-in shoes. So comfortable. I can’t imagine my life without him. I can’t imagine me without him.

Fireworks come and go, but comfortable shoes are hard to come by, especially if you’re going to wear them for 26+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment