Wednesday, August 17, 2011


It has been a good week.  This is a big reason why.


Lila Emmaline (not Jenaline) Campbell, 8.5 lbs., & 20” of pure miracle. 



Miracle number one: after a couple days of labor, Lila came by emergency c-section with the cord wrapped twice around her neck and twice around her body.  Miracle number two: out of all the times she could have been born, she chose to come during sacrament meeting. 



This is miraculous because I was supposed to lead the music in sacrament meeting for my visiting teachee only we were singing “A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief” which has seven verses and how can you only sing some of the verses?  This song and “I heard the Bells on Christmas Day” are a waste of breath if you don’t sing them in their entirety.  But how could I stand and wave my arm for that long without laughing or crying or scratching my nose?  So thank you Lila.

Mom and baby are doing fine.  I have noticed however that since having grandchild number three, I am more winded on my morning walks, that the real-estate on my lap is being purchased by my stomach, I have a penchant for wearing sensible shoes, and I need stronger reading glasses.  I don’t think I’ll recover. 

Here is my advice to mothers and grandmothers and anybody going through any type of life-change.  “Things” will never get back to normal, so stop waiting for it to happen.      

Just 25 years ago I had my first baby. 

My life has never been the same. 

Thank heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment