I'm taking part in a "blog campaign" and this was one of the challenges.
1. I don't like to be the center of attention. This post is difficult because I'm saying, hey everybody these are facts about me. Sometimes those facts just come out when I blog and am telling a story, but now I feel like you're all looking at me and my fly's down and I have spinache in my teeth. . .
2. I am not a competitive person but I love to watch sports. All my kids have played a high school sport--b-ball and lacrosse. If I played, first of all we'd lose and second, I'd be curled up in fetal position on the court or field.
3. I have great ideas but have a hard time implementing them. I'm more of a thinker than a doer.
4. I have a hard time making up my mind. Wait no I don't. Okay, yes I do. But just sometimes. Probably.
5. I took type in the 7th grade (not on a computer but on a typewriter--your fingers own personal gym and manual return--don't forget the white-out) and I've been typing ever since. Really. I type just about everything I hear. I type on my lap in my head with my tongue or teeth with my toes. . . It's a very subtle movement. My husband didn't know I did it until a told him a couple years ago. So annoying (the typing, not my husband).
6. I can touch my elbows behind my back. That, and playing the recorder in 3 different languages, is probably my only true talent.
7. When I was little I made my family call me Cinderella for a few weeks, but the name never stuck. Today, if I could change my name, I'd change it to Rachel. But who knows about tomorrow.
8. I still dream (although not quite as often) that I can't find my locker. . . or remember the combination. . . or remember what class I have when, or that I have a college class that I just forgot to go to all semester. . .
9. I love the color green. It makes me feel alive. And who doesn't need to feel alive at 46?
10. I can and will eat just about anything. Anything that's in front of me. When it comes to eating, I have no off-switch. I could easily down a whole pizza or a quart or two of icecream, a plate of cookies, a bag of chips just because it's there. . . But my favorite food is salad. No, really.
11. I was born a believer. I've always felt God's love for me and I love Him. I have experienced the power of the atonement in my life.
12. I'm not good at math. I missed it most of 6th grade--would break out in hives and have to go to the sick room.