Friday, July 9, 2010

Some Things Never Change

My husband and I, but mostly my husband, are currently working on the monstrous project of transferring all of our vhs, mini dv, and super 8 tapes to DVD. I say mostly my husband unless you count sitting on the couch laughing, crying, and yelling, "Ric, this one's finished!" as helping.

Things I have learned:

1. Mom jeans have never been flattering, not even in the 80's or 90's.
2. Baggy does not look cool, just sloppy.
3. All those times I thought I was having a good hair day, I wasn't.
4. My son, who I thought was cute, was really just obnoxious.
5. Do not tape an entire school play. You think it will be fun to watch in 10 years, but trust me, it won't.
6. When your children want to dress themselves, don't let them. They will blame you for it when they are older.
7. Make sure your children all get equal screen time, or you will hear about it.
8. My house was cleaner when my children were smaller.
9. I used to have not as many wrinkles.
10. And my favorite::: The me on video started to sing to the music in the video background, just as the me today started to sing with the me in the video to the music in the video background, just as the Morganne in the video turned to the me in the video and said, "Stop singing," just as the today Morganne turned to me and said, "Stop singing," just as the me in the video and the me in real life turned to the Morganne in the video and the Morganne in real life and said, "I can't help it." After all, how can I keep from singing? It was kind of a time-warped, surreal moment for all four of us.

Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment