Thursday, January 25, 2018

Happy Things

There has been a lot of sadness around here. Gut-wrenching sadness. But there is also love. So much love and so much goodness. Queen Victoria II (and my bishop) said, "Grief is the price we pay for love." So true. I've wanted to want to blog all week, but life has felt heavy, and if you haven't been reading, my last few posts have been heavy.

So instead of blogging, I've been procrastinating. I am good at it. I practice a lot. But I am finished flipping through Insta and FB and being "heavy." I am a doer. Of hard things. So I am blogging about things that made me happy.

1. I am happy that I can walk. It is such a miracle each time I take a step. I'm still not super good at it. But I am doing it.

2. I am happy for sweat. I went to the gym last night and for the first time in a looong time, I was able to work out so hard that I was sweating. That was joy sweat friends.

3. I am happy when my feet are so sore at the end of the day and I see this beauty. I 💗 Sheila.



4. I am so happy that I have a winter coat and warm shoes.

5. I am happy that I was insanely brave (for me) yesterday and I had something great happen.

6. I am so happy that Wingers makes those sticky finger tacos and that I have good friends to eat them with.



7. I am happy that when there is so much sadness there can be so much love too.



8. Car dancing makes me SO HAPPY and it is my new drug. If you are hurting, try it. Maybe it will work for you too.

9. I am so happy I got to go to this place with an awesome friend and that I only fell asleep for a little while. . . It was a celestial snooze.



10. And who cannot be happy watching The Greatest Showman (three times)? I love the message-YOU ARE GLORIOUS, "bruised" and all. The Best of Us All, the Greatest of Us All, "had no form nor comeliness; . . . (he had) no beauty that we should desire him. He (was) despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: . . .he was bruised for our iniquities." He knows what it's like to be bruised like nobody else does. And friends, He thinks we are glorious. Because of Him we can be even more glorious than we ever imagined. And it gets better. We are part of HIS family. His eternal family.  Family is also one of the themes in The Greatest Showman. Go see it. You'll love it. Buy the music. You'll sing it and car dance to it. You will be happy and you will fell glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment