Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Make a Joyful Noise



George Frederic Handel's Messiah is one of my favorite things in the world. At Christmas I never miss the opportunity to hear it. Last week I was at a Messiah sing along. As we were singing the words from Isaiah 9:6, I sang along in the best way I could -- Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. And then the words in my throat turned to tears and my singing turned to sobbing because I knew strongly, powerfully and unequivocally that He is all of those things. I listened to the beautiful, powerful voices around me and compared them to my own small, weak, off key one. Then I realized that my “joyful noise” was just as important, my praise of Him just as meaningful. My voice matters. It matters to Him. It is beautiful to Him because He made it. So I will make lots of "joyful noise" because without Him I am nothing and with Him I am everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment