Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Prom Dress Shopping

The only thing better than prom dress shopping is natural childbirth.  (Yes, been there, done that, got the t-shirt 3 times.  You can read about one of those times here.) 

My 4th daughter, Cool Beans, just got asked to prom and even though I birthed 3 girls before her, not a single one of them has ever owned a dress that she remotely desires to wear.  Go figure.  Actually her figure could be part of the problem because she actually has one while her 3 predecessors were mostly sticks. 

I don't know if you're aware of this little fact, but sleeves are expensive, so are backs and so is any kind of fabric that covers cleavage. 

So while this costs $349.00,
Ahhh!
this costs $136.00.
She-bam!

That's $213.00 for less than a yard of fabric to cover some very prime real estate.  I think I can get a root canal for cheaper.  Just saying.


I would offer her one of my old prom dresses if I'd ever gone to prom that is.  And if I had, it would have looked like this:


Hmmmm

Because who didn't wear a Gunne Sax dress to the prom in the 80's?  That is, if you went to prom.

Anyway, it doesn't leave much to the imagination except: What were we thinking???!!! Well, I mean what were those other girls thinking, the ones who actually went to prom in their Gunne Saxes?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. And I don't mean that in a mean ha ha way. Ha Ha because you make me laugh. I actually looked online at prom dresses the other day to help a 16 year old friend out (and, okay, because of that whole personal shopper thing I've got going on). I decided after looking at the dresses and the prices that I hope my daughters never, EVER go to prom.

    ReplyDelete